If you’re on this page, you’ve probably heard me speak about the transit referendum, and Get On Board BC, the coalition in support of sustainable transportation funding.
“So what now?” you’re asking.
Here are 3 easy ways you can help out with the transit effort:
1. Tell someone about the referendum on transit. Whether they live in a place that has no bus service, if they only walk or drive, the positive impact of transit — on keeping roads safe, on reducing congestion, on providing mobility to people who can’t or don’t want to drive — is being felt. Let’s celebrate and bring attention to it! Here is a great image that illustrates just how much space we save when we think different about the space we currently give over to cars.
2. Go vote. Circle or highlight Saturday, November 15th, 2014 on your calendar. Commit to finding your nearest voting place. Look out for your card (and register if you haven’t yet). Cast your ballot in support of transit service that keeps Vancouver livable
Tip: Make it a social event! Find your neighbours and friends, and make it an excuse to hang out together, to have a brunch or dinner date. They can vote cross-boundary if they don’t know where their spot is.
3. Help us build our coalition. Read more about what we want to achieve and how it connects to many other concerns about Metro Vancouver’s future. Stay in the loop on our activities by following us on the social media service of your preference. The coalition wants to tell the story of how transit is contributing to quality of life for everyone. If you or someone you know…
- owns a business
- participates in a community or residents’ group
- advocates for sustainability or climate action
- supports people experiencing challenges or vulnerabilities (such as seniors, people with disabilities, children and youth, women, immigrants)
…please do get in touch with me and tell us how you could or already do benefit from Metro Vancouver having a reliable, usable, and effective public transit service!